Why Battery Tender®
All Battery Tender® battery chargers have the five following characteristics:
- Fully Automatic: At the end of the regular charger cycle, every Battery Tender® battery charger automatically switches its output voltage to a safe, storage or float level that eliminates the need to constantly check on the conditions of the battery.
- Full Output Power at Low AC Line Conditions: Battery Tender® battery chargers will deliver full output power with input AC line voltages as low as 90 VAC. (Excluding chargers with output current of 2 amps or less).
- Zero to Minimal Current Draw from Batteries: When the AC power is disconnected, most Battery Tender® battery chargers draw zero current from the battery. A few of the higher power models draw less than 1 milliamp from the battery.
- Compact, Lightweight Construction: At any given power level, Battery Tender® battery chargers offer some of the highest charging power density in the industry.
- Visual Indication of Charge State: Every Battery Tender® battery charger has some combination of colored lights to indicate the progress of charging.
Battery Tender® battery chargers offer a variety of power levels: 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 60, 70, 300 & 600 watts, maximum charge currents: 0.75, 0.8, 1.25, 2, 2.5, 4, 5, 10, 15 & 20 amps, and nominal battery voltages: 6, 8, 12, 24, 36 & 48 volts. Various charging algorithms are available to accommodate the wide range of lead acid battery styles: Flooded, Sealed, VRLA, GEL & AGM. Check with the factory for the combination of power, current, voltage and battery style that best meets your needs. Battery Tender® battery chargers are equipped with a variety of safety and interconnect options, not available on all models. Safety options include: spark free operation, reverse polarity protection and continuous short circuit protection. Interconnection options include: alligator clips, fused ring terminals and quick disconnect DC output cable harness. A variety of AC input power options is available.
We make chargers that fully charge a battery then automatically switch to a maintenance mode when the charge is complete! Check out our products page now.